Illinois Veterans Programs
Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
The IVG Program pays tuition and fees for either undergraduate or graduate study at all Illinois public colleges and universities. Recipients may use their grant assistance up to a maximum of 120 eligibility units.
- You were an Illinois resident six months prior to entering active duty.
- You returned to the state of Illinois within six months of being separated from active duty.
- You served on active duty for a total of 12 or more months.
- You received honorable discharge.
The IVG covers resident tuition and mandatory fees (this excludes refundable fees, Academic Outreach fees and Extramural fees). The IVG does not cover University housing costs.
Illinois National Guard Grant (INGG)
Enlisted officers or company grade officers of Illinois National Guard Units with one or more years of service may be eligible for payment of tuition at state universities and colleges in Illinois through the INGG. Other grants administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) may be used in conjunction with the INGG, but may not replace the INGG. Recipients may use their grant assistance up to a maximum of 120 eligibility units.
- You are an enlisted or company grade officer of an Illinois National Guard Unit.
- You have one or more years of service.
Application must be made annually and is available from ISAC.
For more information on either the IVG or INGG, contact the ISAC Special Awards Unit at
800-899-4722 or OSFA at 217-333-9283 or OSFAVeterans@illinois.edu.
The MIA/POW Scholarship is available to dependents of Illinois veterans who are/were prisoners of war, declared missing in action, deceased, or have 100% service connected disability.
- Full payment of tuition at any state supported Illinois institution of higher learning.
- Renewable up to four calendar years of full-time enrollment including summer term
You may request more eligibility information or an application from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs by calling 217-782-3564.